About

christina. tumblr. bloglovin.

25 December, 2012

respite



This holiday season University sadly got a foot in the door & asks for some work to be done. It's all a bit stressful; so very much not what this season and holiday stand for. However, the few days before & after Christmas are reserved for family and as such completely off-limits to any sort of work whatsoever, except 'work' done in the kitchen, of course. Tonight will be spent in the company of a certain Doctor and the CrawleysI've also taken some time off reading for Uni & finally immersed myself in the absolutely charming world of Cassandra Mortmain, while wolfing down one Lindt chocolate after the other and making a witches' cauldron-worth of eggnog.

How are you spending the holidays?


"I write this sitting in the kitchen sink. That is, my feet are in it; the rest of me is on the draining board, 
which I have padded with our dog's blanket and the tea cosy."
I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith

1 Comment:

Anonymous

I really like how relaxed your holiday plans seem. I plan on spending my holiday seeing family and catching up with friends as well as visiting a couple new friends from my study abroad program for New Years. Somewhere in there will include (finally) finishing "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" as well as applying for a summer program with my university and looking for internships for next summer.

Also I like the new format of the blog!

Post a Comment