About

christina. tumblr. bloglovin.

03 September, 2013

chanel: makeup trial


After the beauty salon Nägele & Strubell (they were court suppliers, back in the day of the Austrian-Hungarian empire) announced on their Facebook site that they were offering free Chanel makeup trials (until Sat., 7th Sept.), I thought why not try it once, seeing as I haven't tried makeup trials before. So, after a long day of studying I went & am really glad I did.

The lady that did my makeup was not only super nice, but really personable & just plain sympatico. She also gave me a bunch of little tips & with a little handheld mirror I could follow how she did certain things. She asked what kind of look I wanted to go for & I decided on a little bit of an enhanced day look.

You can't really tell much make-up wise (the lighting in my room is way too yellow in the evenings), but here's a picture of me afterwards. The lady did a really good job with the eyes (& eyebrows), I thought. I also loved how she treated my skin - she prepped it with the new Le Jour de Chanel & really only used the makeup where I need it (T-Zone), while highlighting all the right areas. 

Though I eventually decided on getting the Le Volume mascara & the hydrating Rouge Coco lipstick, I also fell super in love with their concealer and the lovely shade of cream blush she used on me.
As an extra I received the above pictured makeup bag & trial sizes of Le Jour, La Nuit & Le Weekend, which all smell amazing.

Oh, and for the German-speaking population on here: don't forget this Saturday (7th Sept.) the Karl Lagerfeld documentary "Fashion as a Religion" airs on VOX.

Interesting Beauty Links:
  1. This supposedly easy-to-do super chic chignon.
  2. Guerlain's short, but elaborate film "La Légende de Shalimar" starring Natalia Vodianova.
  3. Robert Pattinson & Camilla Rowe for the Dior Homme fragrance.
  4. Isabel Marant makeup by Estée Lauder - “We’re spending 25 minutes on the skin . . . and five minutes on the makeup.”
"If I was ever to create my own, personal fragrance, I know what I would want it to smell like—a church. I grew up Catholic, so I’d want the cold of the marble, the dark wood, the fat of the wax of the candles—the whole thing. I’d want to smell gold and red and all those things."
Catherine Walsh on Into The Gloss

1 Comment:

Joy

I've never been to a makeup trial either! I now will be on the lookout for it. Le Jour really does sound great.

Post a Comment