About

christina. tumblr. bloglovin.

18 September, 2013

i made my song a coat

(The picture will take you to polyvore, which will tell you the brands of the coats above.)

Winter. Also known as the time where a g.r.e.a.t. coat & fabulous boots are really the only way to make an impression. Alas, the hunt for the perfect coat is a bitch. What to go for? A favorable A-line, a trusty peacoat, (faux)-fur collar/no fur collar, a save camel, a daring red. This stuff is hard. Especially seeing as I am the sort of person who once I pick a coat, wear it to death. In a standard winter season I'll really just average two coats that I'll switch between. One of which will be from seasons past. (Snowboard jacket not included.) So, as always - the hunt for this year's best friend & maybe, possibly the coat for life (maybe it's just a myth, though) has now begun. The temperatures being what they are. Best of luck to all of you - maybe Yeats was onto something, though, when he said "there's more enterprise in walking naked."

"I MADE my song a coat
Covered with embroideries
Out of old mythologies
From heel to throat;
But the fools caught it,
Wore it in the world's eyes
As though they'd wrought it.
Song, let them take it,
For there's more enterprise
In walking naked."
A Coat, by William Butler Yeats

1 Comment:

hannah-rose

all I do is buy coats and all I want is more coats... even though we're coming into summer here, all I can think about is coats. THese are all amazing. xxx

Post a Comment